This autumn’s new scents are a great gift for anyone, whether you’re looking to surprise someone special or treat yourself. You can choose from long-lasting classics and vegan packaging.
It is fast approaching the time of year when gift planning should be a priority. It’s easy, to begin with scent. Although giving fragrances can be as imaginative as gift vouchers, it can still seem unimaginative. However, the fragrances on this page tap into something beyond “Oh, that smells good!”
Chloe’s latest version of their classic scent is vegan. A large portion of the packaging was made with recycled materials. Jo Malone London’s English Pear and Freesia fragrances were launched to support the National Trust in restoring these fruit trees and planting hundreds more. Gabar, a brand that was created by two Myanmar-born women is brilliant. A portion of the profits will be used to rebuild their country. (Byredo also draws on the heritage of its founder with Mumbai Noise. Mind Energy by Nue Co uses olfactory technology as well as upcycled extracts to improve mental agility.
Estee Lauder’s luxury scent collection, which includes eight, was subject to neuroscensorial testing that revealed it could elicit a range of positive moods including happiness and confidence. Let’s not forget the power of optics. The pared-down elegance of Loewe, Givenchy’s sophisticated chic, and the floral Gucci Gardenia are all beautiful concoctions. But even just looking at the bottles can bring joy.
1. Jo Malone London English Pear and Freesia Cologne PS72, jomalone.co.uk
2. Loewe 7 EDT PS64, libertylondon.com
3. Gabar No III Swim EDP PS120, gabarmyanmar.com
4. Aesop Eremia EDP PS140, .aesop.com
5. Chloe Signature Naturelle EDP PS55, selfridges.com
6. Byredo Mumbai Noise PS122, byredo.com
7. The Nue Co Mind Energy from PS20, thenueco.com
8. Givenchy Enflamme PS175, givenchybeauty.com
9. Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia EDP PS55, idges.com
10. Estee Lauder Infinite Sky EDP PS68, esteelauder.co.uk